Professor, Brand Yourself!
On March 16 from 2:30 to 3:00 pm at the at GESS Dubai I delivered my “Professor, Brand Yourself!” workshop. GESS (Global Educational Supplies & Solutions) Dubai is the largest education event not just in the UAE but across the entire Middle East. It’s the only event that brings together all levels of educationalists together, in one place.
“Professor, Brand Yourself!” is a personal branding workshop for individuals working in higher education, vocational, and leadership/management positions. However, it also appeals to anyone wanting to develop their personal brand and learn how to leverage social media to promote themselves professionally.
Watch a recording of my workshop below via YouTube (it was originally streamed live to my Facebook page):
The workshop was designed to help individuals understand what personal branding is and what it is not, why personal branding is important personally and professionally, and how to create your personal brand. Attendees don’t need prior personal branding experience to participate in the workshop, which is organized into the following three sections:
1. What is a Personal Brand?
2. Why Do I Need a Personal Brand?
3. How Do I Create a Personal Brand?
At the conclusion of the workshop attendees should understand how to:
1. Define personal branding and its relevance.
2. Identify the most effective social platforms.
3. Develop and promote your personal brand.
The presentation slides I used are shared below via Slideshare:
I am proud to present my book “EdX E-Learning Course Development” to American University in the Emirates (AUE) faculty, staff, and students on Monday, January 30, 2017 from 4:40 to 5:00 pm in the AUE Library. During this presentation I will:
- Introduce MOOCs and edX.
- Share info about the book.
- Describe my experience.
I also invite questions from those in attendance. And, as a bonus for the technologically inclined, I plan to share the presentation in real time using Facebook Live — so be sure to check out the stream!
- Who: Matthew A. Gilbert, MBA
- What: Presenting “EdX E-Learning Course Development”
- Where: AUE Library
- When: Monday, January 30, 2017 @ 4:40 to 5:00 PM
- Why: Learn About EdX and MOOCs
Indicate your interest in attending this event on my Facebook page now!
Have you been to my website, MatthewAGilbert.com, lately?
If not, or even if you have, please join me there and learn about my:
- Teaching: review my Teaching Philosophy, Teaching Interests, and Research Interests. You can also view a list of courses I have taught and courses I have developed, plus descriptions of the courses I have taught since 2007.
- Training: read a list of the businesses, individuals, and organizations for whom I have provided corporate training, instructional design, and subject matter expert services.
- Writing: review a list of my publications, including the book I published in 2015, edX E-Learning Course Development, along with this blog, scholarly papers, newspaper articles, magazine features, and online video courses I have written — plus works in which I am cited.
- Speaking: explore the academic and professional events at which I presented scholarly papers or gave speeches. If you would like me to speak at your event or organization please reach out and contact me!
- Consulting: learn about businesses, individuals, and organizations for whom I have created corporate training materials and academic curriculum for onsite presentation and online delivery; develop websites and WordPress blogs; and provide expert witness opinion for lawsuits involving social media.
See you at http://www.matthewagilbert.com!