Posts about marketing and related issues.
It is my pleasure to announce my workshop, “Professor, Brand Yourself!” was accepted for presentation on March 16 from 2:30 to 3:00 pm (exactly four months from today) at the Global Education Forum of the Global Educational Supplies and Solutions (GESS) in Dubai.
What is GESS Dubai? According to the organization’s website: “GESS Dubai is the largest education event not just in the UAE but across the entire Middle East. It’s the only event that brings together all levels of educationalists together, in one place.”
“Professor, Brand Yourself!” is a personal branding workshop for individuals working in higher education, vocational, and leadership/management positions. However, it will also appeal to anyone wanting to develop their personal brand and learn how to leverage social media to promote themselves professionally.
It is designed to help you understand what personal branding is, what it is not, and why personal branding is an important career development skill. You don’t need prior personal branding experience to participate in the workshop.
We will identify which social platforms are best for branding you by introducing ideas for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube along with your blog and website.
During a “Personal Branding Brainstorming” activity you will learn how to prepare a unique selling proposition, personal motto, and professional bio which you can use as the foundation for your future personal branding efforts.
An outline of the workshop includes the following points:
- What is (and what is not) personal branding?
- Why is personal branding important for me?
- What social platforms are best for branding?
- Who am I and how should my brand reflect it?
- Activity: Personal Branding Brainstorming.
After the workshop you should know how to:
- Define personal branding and its relevance.
- Identify the most effective social platforms.
- Develop and promote your personal brand.
This will actually be my second appearance a GESS; in 2015 I gave my presentation, “Pedagogy, Socially: 7 Strategies for Curating and Creating Curriculum with Social Media” to give guidance to educators looking to leverage social media to make curriculum. Here’s a video of the presentation:
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Who: Matthew A. Gilbert, MBA
- What: “Professor, Brand Yourself!” Workshop
- Where: Dubai World Trade Center, Halls 5 to 8
- When: Thursday, March 16, 2017 @ 2:30 to 3:00 PM
- Why: Global Educational Supplies and Solutions (GESS) Exhibition