Technically I started teaching on September 2, 2006 when I taught my first traffic school class, but my first academic course was COM 120, Effective Persuasive Writing at what was then called Axia College (University of Phoenix‘s online junior college).
The past nine years have been both an adventure in academia and an exploration into identity. There have been challenges and rewards, but mostly there has been professional development and personal growth.
Numerically, the past nine years include the following nine achievements:
- 1 book published: “edX E-Learning Course Development“
- 2 full-time business faculty positions (both in Dubai, UAE)
- 4 corporate training courses facilitated in several sessions
- 7 refereed conference publications alone and with co-authors
- 9 learning management systems used to teach online
- 16 universities for which I adjuncted (online & on-campus)
- 21 courses developed for online and on-campus delivery
- 70 courses taught (plus several sections of each course)
- 4,000 students taught (an estimate based on enrollment)
During these nine years I’ve encountered many exceptional — and often unexpected — experiences; I have been as much a student of self as I’ve been an instructor for others. I am grateful for both and look forward to additional lifelong learning opportunities!