I have been profiled on the EdArabia.com website where I share my thoughts about books that inspire me, the process of writing, and, in answers to 12 questions, discuss details about my experience writing “edX E-Learning Course Development.” My book, which was published last May, walks a reader through eight steps to create an edX course while teaching them about tools and techniques to know as an edX instructor.
The eight chapters of the book and what they cover include:
- Getting Started: an overview of MOOCs and the history of edX.
- Planning the Curriculum: curriculum development and
- Producing Videos: video production best practices.
- Designing Exercises: options for exercises and assessments.
- Integrating the Curriculum:
- Administering Your Course: your course’s administrative options
- Facilitating Your Course: your role as a facilitator of your edX course.
- Promoting Your Course: a strategy to market your course.
Questions I answer include the following:
- Tell us a little about yourself/ your job? Perhaps something not many people know?
- Which books have most influenced your life?
- What/ Who inspired you to write edX E-Learning Course Development
- Which was your favorite chapter (or part) to write about and why?
- How would you describe your writing style like and how long did it take you to complete?
- What advice would you share with aspiring authors – on writing, publishing, marketing?
- How has your experience been as an author – highlights and lessons?
- What do you think about the ebook revolution?
- Tell us a little about your plans for the future. Are you working on another book?
- If you could write about any personality (fiction/nonfiction) who would you write about?
- What do you love most about the writing process?
- Who is your favorite author?