Considering one area of my research interests is the impact of Web 2.0 technology on business, to strengthen my credibility in this emerging area, it seemed important to ensure I was involved with as many of the latest online tools and services possible. To that end, I:
- Signed up for Digg (impressively, less than an hour after I did, my profile page appeared as the fourth result when I searched “doctorious” with Google).
- Created an account with Twitter (where I already have a student of mine from DeVry as a stalker, I mean follower).
- Continued adding videos to my YouTube account (though I wonder how interesting my videos are!).
- Updated my LinkedIn profile and engaged members of one of the several groups to which I belong.
- Resurrected my del.icio.us account and promise to contribute to it.
- Reviewed my profile on Technorati and added a feed from this blog.
- Became very active on Facebook, finding old friends and making new ones.
StumbleUpon has also caught my eye and am considering signing up for it. What other sites and services should I consider?